Friday, July 1, 2011

Meet Draco

This is how chaos entered my dear Trixie's life.

My husband walks in to the apartment after having taken out the trash and say, "Look what I found."  I turn my head and this is what I see:


Yup, I see my husband and a black mass of fur.  I just stared at him speechless for a few seconds and then he said, "I found this guy just hangin' out by the dumpster."  He said the cat walked up to him and rubbed on his leg.  He said, "Are you gonna let me pet you?" and bent down to do so.  Yup.  The cat started his purring motor immediately.  My husband stopped petting him and started to walk back to the apartment.  He stopped and looked behind him to discover that the cat was following him.  When he stopped, the cat promptly layed down on the cement driveway.  It's February, it's night time and my husband is worried about this cat.  So, my husband walks over to the cat and says, "Are you gonna let me pick you up?" and sure enough, the cat lets him and starts his purr motor again.

So, my husband tells me all this and while I am worried about Trixie, I know I would've done the same thing.  Besides, my husband's heart was stolen by this cat from moment #1.  He was being held hostage!  I mean, look at this cuteness!


He lays and sleeps like that all the time!  All stretched out and shameless, I love it!  But more on this story to come.  For now, check out this picture that makes him look like the dragon Toothless from the movie "How to Train Your Drago"!  This is actually related to how he got his name, Draco, but more on that later, too.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little guy :) Loved the story of how Draco came into your lives! And the "Toothless look-alike" picture is right on! I just watched that movie with Laurie recently, and we were commenting on how cat-like the dragons were ;)

    ReplyDelete